Saturday, February 19, 2011

The Sea and the rest of Sagñay


Since Minalabac proved to be quite a challenging place to take the students due to the distance and the rocky unfinished road we encountered along the way, we decided to check out good ol’ Sagnay instead. 

Church in Tigaon



In the fields of Mabca

Eating tipong (coconut). I dared to eat at least one out of pakikisama and as usual, I ended up with itchy throat. (I think I’m ‘allergic’ to coconut and pineapple though I can’t understand how on earth anyone could be allergic to fruits, which are supposed to be good for the health.)

Sta. Clara Church in Sagñay

I want to be a lamplighter, hehe


In Odiongan with the view of Atulayan

At the port of Nato, Sagñay



Photo courtesy of Kuya Sonny. I didn't forget my camera but Kuya Sonny left his memory card in his laptop. For the sake of beautiful pictures, I lent him mine. After all, my Canon Powershot A490 is no match for his Nikon D3100. We'll go back anyway so it's no big deal.

No pictures of me falling into the mud, thank God. My companions are nice enough to entertain themselves with taking photos of ducks instead of me. Luckily, I’m no longer a stranger to rural life. Ang maarte dito ay lugi.

Thank you so much to Fr. Bernie Ramirez who brought us to the ports of Nato and the view along the highway where you can see Atulayan Island. God works wonders indeed!

Next destination? =)

2 comments:

  1. hello there. you know Fr. Bernie? :) I am looking for a contact who knows him, hehe by the way, i am Malex :) also a psyhologist, I'm asking about fr. bernie, because he's the only priest I remember since I was 6 years old or 5? and I still remember him and I'm not quite sure if he remembers me. :) if you have a contact can you send my regards? I'm staying in Manila also but from Cam. Sur :)please reply to my e-mail if u have a contct with him, malex_05@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. unfortunately, we do not have his contact number. when we went to the church where he was assigned as its parish priest a few days later, he wasn't around. his assistant said he had to go home since a family member died. =(

    ReplyDelete