Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Just Another Foolish Story

It's far from graduation but it's one of those commencement speeches people can be raving about. It also recalls to mind the advice of our keynote speaker Fr. Joaquin Bernas, S.J.to "be daring!" during our own graduation day. =)


A foolish story:

I met two of my teachers back in high school yesterday. Despite not being as nostalgic as others may be when it comes to recalling this medieval age of my personal history, I was still happy to see them. One of them was my former English teacher who immediately recognized me, since she probably recalled me with all the stuff I wrote back then. I failed to recognize the other one until I heard her introduced herself during the meeting we were called in. Imagine my surprise to realize that she was actually my sharp but witty Religion teacher Ms. B! (She grew her hair) I was just thinking about her the other day, recalling her awesome style of teaching. (It's strange how I often think of some things only to encounter them in front of me a little later...) We talked a bit after the meeting and I had to drop the name of some famous classmate so that Ms. B could remember which batch I belonged to (yep, that's me, the wallflower). Yes, ma'am I'm working here. No ma'am I'm not married. Not today, I still like being single. Hahaha! =)

Despite the challenges, life isn't so bad...yet or after all.

I think I'm gonna write another article...

No comments:

Post a Comment